If you care for a family member or friend with disability, a medical condition, mental illness, or who is frail due to age, then Carer Gateway can help you.
The Australian Government works with a range of health and carer organisations across Australia, known as Carer Gateway service providers, to deliver services to carers no matter where they live in Australia.
Carer Gateway provides many services to support carers in their caring role, including:
- in-person and online peer support groups
- tailored support packages to help with accessing planned respite, transport services, and more
- in-person and phone counselling
- in-person and online self-guided coaching
- online skills courses to support your wellbeing and understanding of legal responsibilities relating to the caring role
- access to emergency respite if you suddenly find you can’t provide care, for example if you become ill or injured.